Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hi Mom!

So the RVs have torn across Minnesota, over the Mississippi, and entered the promised land: Wisconsin. Land of beer, brats, Brewers, Badgers, Packers, protests, and, most importantly, parents.

This is "Real America" (bite me, Palin), and I was more than happy to drag the motley crue of Bay Area techo-elites (from all around the world) over the river and through the woods (literally) by backroads, cutting though forests and farm fields to my little hometown to, well, you know, meet the parents.

Well, and buy beer. New Glarus rules.

Most people like me would worry about their parents embarrassing them in front of their coworkers. I worried about exactly the opposite.


But they all got along swimmingly, and we had a cozy little evening, even if there was a little cognitive dissonance in having my family meet my other family. Will's dads even drove over from Appleton (Will and I both went to UW and he's also Robin's boyfriend. Cue It's a Small World).

I'd call it a perfect evening if only the Brewers weren't currently down 11-6 in the 6th in game six of the NLCS. Not that I'm bitter about it.


Now it's back on the road. We've got a long drive up north tonight where we'll hang with the yoopers. Uff da!

No comments:

Post a Comment